Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato soup is a classic comfort food. A warm bowl of tomato soup on a chilly evening can be very satisfying. In addition to being delicious, homemade tomato soup has numerous health benefits.
Making soups from scratch is a great way to control ingredients. It also reduces sodium and preservatives in your diet.
In this article, you will find delicious and healthy homemade tomato soup recipes. This healthy soup is easy to make at home. So let’s learn how to make this easy and delicious tomato soup recipe.
Ingredients and Preparation For Healthy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
Are you looking for a healthy and tasty homemade tomato soup recipe to make easily at home?
Follow these simple steps to create a flavorful and nutritious tomato soup. It will satisfy your cravings and provide you with essential nutrients.
- Medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- Large onion, chopped
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Olive oil
- Vegetable broth
- Dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Over a moderate flame, warm the olive oil in a big saucepan. Add the chopped onions and garlic. After that, saute for roughly 7 minutes, or until aromatic and soft.
- Add salt, pepper, dried basil, chopped tomatoes and vegetable broth to the pan. After bringing everything to a boil, turn the heat down. Then cover the pan and simmer the mixture for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After letting the soup cool slightly, use an immersion mixer or a standard blender to puree it until smooth.
- Reheat the blended broth in the same pan over medium heat until it is hot and ready to be served.
- You have to taste the broth and make any necessary seasoning adjustments. If needed, season with additional salt, pepper, or spices.
- Serve the soup hot with some crusty bread or a side salad for a complete and satisfying meal.
- You can add some heavy cream or coconut milk to make the broth creamier.
- To make the broth more filling, you can add some cooked chicken, shrimp, or beans.
- Try experimenting with various herbs and spices to change the soup’s flavor.
- You can prepare a delicious and healthy tomato soup by following these easy steps.
- It will provide you with essential nutrients and satisfy your taste buds.
What Are The Serving Suggestions For Fresh Tomato Soup Recipe?
- Serve the tomato soup with a side of crusty bread or crackers for dipping.
- For a more nutritious meal combine it with a side salad or grilled cheese sandwich.
- To add taste and aesthetic appeal, sprinkle fresh herbs like basil or parsley on top of the soup.
Tips on How to Store and Reheat Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
- Let cool to room temperature before transferring the soup to an airtight container. You can store it for three months or keep it in the refrigerator for three days.
- Simply transfer the soup to a pot and heat over low heat Then stir from time to time, until heated through.
- Individual portions can also be reheated in a microwave oven. Just be sure to stir the soup every 30 seconds to ensure even heating.
Health Benefits of Tomato Soup
Tomato soup not only tastes delicious. It also has numerous health benefits. Here are some of the top health benefits of tomato soup.
- High Nutrient Value: Calcium, fiber, and vitamins A, C, and K are all abundant in tomatoes. It also has a high nutritional worth. These nutrients can assist with digestion, immune system support, and general health promotion.
- Antioxidant Properties: Tomatoes contain antioxidants like lycopene. It can protect the body from oxidative stress. It also reduces the chance of contracting long term illnesses like cancer and cardiac disease.
- Low in Calories: Tomato soup has low calorie options, making it a good option for people attempting to slim down or keep their weight in check. Fresh tomato soup recipe is a fantastic method to remain hydrated, particularly in hot weather. It can help replenish the body’s fluids and prevent dehydration.
- May Improve Skin Health: The high vitamin C content in tomatoes can help boost collagen production and improve skin health.
In addition to these health advantages, homemade creamy tomato soup is simple to prepare and can be altered to suit a variety of flavors.
There is a homemade tomato soup recipe out there for everyone, whether they like theirs hot or moderate, creamy or chunky.
Nutritional Benefits Of Tomato Soup Recipe
Sure, here’s a table of the nutritional benefits of the main ingredients in a typical homemade tomato soup recipe
|Nutrient||Tomatoes (1 cup, chopped)||Onion (1 medium)||Garlic (4 cloves)||Olive oil (1 tbsp)||Vegetable broth (4 cups)|
|Protein||1.5 g||1.1 g||0.8 g||0 g||1 g|
|Fat||0.4 g||0.1 g||0.1 g||13.5 g||0.3 g|
|Carbohydrates||7 g||10 g||4 g||0 g||8 g|
|Fiber||2 g||1.7 g||0.2 g||0 g||0.8 g|
|Vitamin C||28% of the daily value||14%||5%||0%||0%|
A homemade tomato soup recipe is a nutritious and healthy option. It contains high fiber, vitamins and minerals but low in calories and fat.
Potassium and vitamin C are both abundant in tomatoes. While decreasing inflammation and enhancing immunity are just two of the many health advantages of onions and garlic.
An excellent source of monounsaturated lipids is olive oil. It can lower cholesterol levels despite its high fat content.
The soup’s base, vegetable broth, provides flavor without raising the number of calories or fat.
Overall, consuming a bowl of homemade tomato soup is a delicious and healthy method to satisfy your hunger and enhance your health.
Additional Tips and Variations Of Homemade Creamy Tomato Soup
If you want to switch things up and add some variety to your tomato soup. Here are some additional tips and variations of homemade creamy tomato soup
- Add Other Vegetables: To improve the nutritional worth and flavor of your tomato soup, you can add additional vegetables. Bell peppers, carrots, celery and squash are a few delicious alternatives. When you add tomatoes to the soup, merely chop the vegetables into tiny pieces and include them.
- Try Different Spices: To give your tomato broth more flavor, try adding different spices. Some popular options you try are cumin, pepper, oregano and thyme. You can also include a dash of red pepper flakes for more flavor.
- Make it Creamy: You can add heavy cream or coconut milk to the tomato soup. This helps to make it more creamy. This will give the soup a richer and creamier texture.
- Roast the Tomatoes: Before adding the tomatoes to the soup, you can roast the tomatoes for a richer and more potent taste. To prepare the tomatoes, simply split them in half. Then drizzle them with olive oil and bake them in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Adding some protein: To make your tomato soup more filling and nutritious, consider adding some protein. You can add cooked chicken, shrimp or beans to the soup to make it more satisfying.
You can make a wide variety of tasty and healthy tomato soup recipes that the whole family will love by using these suggestions and variations.
Delicious And Healthy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Greek yogurt optional for more creaminess
- 1/2 cup heavy cream optional for more creaminess
- Warm the olive oil over medium flame.
- The onion and garlic are soft and translucent. Add them and continue to saute for an additional two to three minutes.
- After adding the diced tomatoes cook the tomatoes for about 10 minutes. Cook until the tomatoes have released their juices and started to break down.
- Salt, pepper, honey, dried basil and veggie broth should all be added to the pot.
- Bring the soup to a boil after the tomatoes have finished disintegrating and the stock has thickened.
- After that, reduce the heat and boil for 20 to 25 minutes.
- It is necessary to turn off the fire so that the saucepan can cool.
- To purée the soup, use a regular mixer or an immersion blender and process until it is creamy and smooth.
- Optional, add heavy cream or Greek yogurt for added creaminess.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
The homemade tomato soup recipe is a delicious and healthy meal option. Homemade Tomato soup has a variety of health advantages.
The necessary vitamins, minerals, and enzymes are abundant in it.
It can help promote overall health and prevent chronic diseases.
Homemade tomato soup is simple to make and adapts to various tastes and preferences.
By following the recipe provided in this article. A tasty and healthy tomato soup can be made in the convenience of your own house. Never be afraid to try various herbs and spices to create your own recipe.
We invite you to make this scrumptious and nutritious tomato soup recipe and to provide us with comments afterward. Please share your thoughts and any recipe improvement ideas with us.
Q. Is Tomato Soup Healthy?
Yes, homemade tomato soup recipe can be a healthy option. especially if it contains healthy components like fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs. Tomatoes have many health benefits. It includes improved skin tone, lower cancer risk and improved heart health. It contains high antioxidant, vitamin and mineral content.
Q. How Many Calories Are There In Tomato Soup?
Depending on the recipe and serving quantity, tomato soup can have a range of calories. Homemade tomato soup recipe typically has between 100 and 150 calories per cup.
Q. Is Tomato Soup Good For Weight Loss?
Tomato soup is great for weight loss because it’s low in calories. Also keeps you full without consuming too many calories. However, it is important to watch the portion size and avoid adding high-calorie toppings like croutons or cream.
Q. Can I Freeze Tomato Soup?
Yes, you can freeze tomato soup for later use. Before transferring the soup to a bag or container that can be frozen, make careful to let it cool completely. Label the container with the date and freeze the soup for up to 3 months. Reheat the soup on the stove or in the microwave after freezing it overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Q. How Long Can I Store Tomato Soup In The Fridge?
Tomato soup can be stored in the fridge For four to five days. It is stored in an airtight container. Before storing the soup in the refrigerator, allow it to cool entirely. Reheat the broth on the stove or in the microwave before serving.