Navratan Korma Recipe
Navratan Korma recipe is a popular and flavorful Indian dish that is known for its nutritious ingredients and delicious taste. Made with a medley of vegetables, nuts and spices. Navratan Korma is a vegetarian dish that is both healthy and flavorful.
In this article we will share a delicious Navratan Korma recipe that is easy to make at home. We will also highlight the health benefits of the dish. We also provide tips on how to make it even more flavorful.
Whether you enjoy Indian food or are just trying to find new vegetarian dishes. Navratan Korma is a dish that is sure to delight your taste buds.
Table of Contents
What Are The Ingredients Used In Navratan Korma Recipe and What Are Their Nutritional Benefits?
Navratan Korma recipe is made with a variety of vegetables, nuts and spices. Here are the typical ingredients used in Navratan Korma and their nutritional benefits:
- Carrots: Rich in vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants that support eye health and digestion.
- Green beans: A excellent source of antioxidants, fiber and vitamins C and K that support immunity and heart health.
- Peas: Rich in fiber, vitamin K, folate, and other minerals that help maintain bone health and brain health.
- Cauliflower is a cruciferous veggie that also has antioxidants, fiber, and vitamin C. That protects against long-term illnesses like heart disease and cancer.
- Potatoes: High in vitamin C. That is also high in fiber and potassium. which supports heart health and digestion.
- Capsicum/Bell Peppers: Rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and fiber. It boosts immunity and protects against oxidative stress.
Cashews: Rich in healthy fats, protein, and minerals like magnesium and zinc. It supports bone health and immune function.
- Garam Masala: A blend of spices that includes cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. Which provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Turmeric: Contains curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory compound. That can reduce joint pain and support brain health.
- Coriander: A flavorful herb that contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. That protects against chronic diseases.
Overall, Navratan Korma is a nutrient-dense dish. That offers a range of enzymes, vitamins, and minerals. In addition to being delicious, this dish, which blends a variety mix vegetables and flavorful spices, also supports overall health and wellbeing.
What Are The Different Ways To Serve Navratan Korma?
Navratan Korma is a versatile dish that can be served with a variety of accompaniments. Here are some suggestions on how to serve Navratan Korma:
- With Rice: Navratan Korma can be served with plain steamed rice or flavored rice like jeera rice or saffron rice.
- With Naan Bread: Soft and fluffy naan bread is a perfect accompaniment to Navratan Korma. You can also serve it with other Indian bread like roti or paratha.
- With Salad: A fresh salad made with cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce is a refreshing side dish that pairs well with Navratan Korma.
- With Raita: Raita is a yogurt-based dip that is cooling and refreshing. It’s a great accompaniment to spicy dishes like Navratan Korma. You can make raita by mixing yogurt with grated cucumber, chopped onions, mint and coriander leaves.
- With Chutney: Chutney is a sweet and tangy condiment that can add a burst of flavor to Navratan Korma. You can serve the Navratna Korma recipe with mint chutney or tamarind chutney.
By pairing Navratan Korma with different sides and accompaniments. You can create a complete and satisfying meal that is sure to impress your guests.
Health Benefits of Navratan Korma Recipe
Navratan Korma is a healthy and nutritious dish that can offer several health benefits when consumed as part of a balanced diet. Here are some of the benefits:
- Rich in Fiber: Navratan Korma is a vegetable-rich dish that provides a significant amount of dietary fiber. Fiber is essential for healthy digestion and helps to regulate bowel movements.
- High in Antioxidants: Navratan Korma contains several antioxidant-rich vegetables and spices such as carrots, green beans, peas, and turmeric. Antioxidants aid in the body’s defense against cellular deterioration and may lower the chance of chronic illnesses like diabetes, cancer, and heart disease.
- Good Source of Protein: Navratan Korma contains paneer, which is a good source of protein. Protein is essential for building and repairing tissues. it helps maintain muscle mass and regulate hormones.
- Low in Calories: Navratan Korma is a low calorie dish that can help with weight management. It contains nutrient-dense vegetables and spices, making it a filling and satisfying meal.
- Versatile: Navratan Korma can be made with a variety of vegetables, making it a versatile dish that can easily be adjusted to fit a particular diet or preference.
By incorporating Navratan Korma recipe into a balanced and nutritious diet. You can enjoy its health benefits and delicious flavors. It can help you keep a healthy weight and lower your risk of developing chronic diseases. It’s a great way to increase the number of vegetables and fiber in your diet. Navratan Korma with rice. A delicious and healthy quick meal that’s easy to customize with your favorite ingredients.
Variations For The Navratan Korma Recipe
Navratan Korma is a popular dish in many regions of India. There are variations that reflect local flavors and ingredients
- In some regions, Navratan Korma is made with a tomato-based sauce instead of cream, or with a mix of both.
- Some recipes include vegetables such as cauliflower, green beans or carrots. While others use only the traditional nine vegetables.
- Some recipes also include paneer or tofu as a source of protein instead of nuts.
- More chili powder or fresh chilies can be added for a spicier version, or for a milder version. The spices can be reduced or omitted.
- To make the recipe more personal and interesting, try substituting or adding different nuts, such as cashews or almonds. You can experiment with different spice blends, such as garam masala or cumin.
- Adding raisins or dried apricots can add a sweet and tangy flavor to the dish while adding yogurt or coconut milk can add a creamy texture and taste.
Delicious Navratan Korma Recipe – Easy to Make at Home
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup mixed vegetables such as carrots, green beans, peas, cauliflower, potatoes and capsicum
- 1/2 cup paneer cubed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup cream or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped for garnish
- In a big pan, heat oil or ghee over medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onions and fry until golden brown. Sauté for a minute after adding the ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the mixed vegetables and paneer. Cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes, or until they begin to soften, after thoroughly mixing.
- Additionally, add salt, cashews, garam masala, turmeric, and coriander powder.
- Cook for an additional two to three minutes after completely mixing.
- Add cream or coconut milk and mix well. Reduce heat and let the curry simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with rice or naan and top with chopped coriander leaves.
- Use frozen mixed vegetables in place of fresh ones to make preparation easier.
- Adding more or less garam masala and coriander powder can change the amount of spice to your preference.
- To make the dish vegan, you can substitute the paneer with tofu and the cream with coconut milk.
Navratan Korma recipe is a delicious and nutritious Indian dish that is packed with vegetables, spices and nuts. It provides several health benefits, including high fiber and antioxidant content. It contains low calories and a good amount of protein. Navratan Korma is versatile and can be served with rice, naan bread, salad, raita or chutney.
By trying out this recipe at home, you can enjoy the flavors and benefits of Navratan Korma recipe. It’s a wonderful way to increase your intake of vegetables and fibre while also getting a taste of Indian food.
So why not give it a try and make Navratan Korma for your next meal?
What does Navratan Korma mean?
Navratan Korma means “nine-gem curry” in Hindi, referring to the nine different types of vegetables, nuts, and fruits that are traditionally used in the recipe.
Is Navratan Korma vegan?
Navratan Korma can be made vegan by omitting paneer or replacing it with tofu or another plant-based protein. However, some recipes may use cream or ghee, which are not vegan.
Can Navratan Korma be made ahead of time?
Yes, Navratan Korma can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
How spicy is Navratan Korma?
The level of spiciness in Navratan Korma can be adjusted according to personal preference.
Can I use frozen vegetables for Navratan Korma?
Yes, you can use frozen vegetables for Navratan Korma. Always thaw before using and adjust cooking time accordingly.